Every year, we send our team to participate in UX Design conferences around Asia to learn and share their learnings. We even invited our clients to join some of the conferences too, and that has helped a lot for further collaborations.
No matter if you are a UX practitioner, beginner, or a corporate executive who wishes to learn more on how UX can help your business, it is a no-brainer to attend a UX conference to meet with experts, practitioners and like-minded individuals.
There is quite a number of UX conferences in U.S. and Europe, and a growing number in Asia.
Here we list down few quality UX Design conferences in Asia, as well as sharing some of our past learning.
UX Design Conferences in Asia (Updated For 2023)
8-9 Feb 2022: UX360 Research Summit 2022 (Asia Pacific) (Virtual)
16-18 Feb 2022: UX New Zealand (Virtual)
16-18 March 2022: Design Research 2022, UX Australia (Virtual)
17-19 August 2022: UXDX APAC 2022 (Virtual)
23-26 August 2022: UX Australia 2022 (Virtual)
1-2 November 2022: UXSTRAT Asia (Singapore)
4-5 November 2022: UXINDIA 2022 (Hyderabad, India), from ₹8,400
8-9 November 2022: QUAL360 APAC 2022, from USD495
21-27 November 2022: IXDC 2022 (Guangzhou, China), from CNY5,000
10-11 December 2022: UXVN Festival 2022 (Offline at Ho Chi Minh City), from 140.000VND
15-17 February 2023: UX New Zealand 2023 (Virtual or Offline at Wellington), from $190
14-16 March 2023: UX Australia – Design Research 2023 (Virtual or Offline at Melbourne), from $345
31 March – 2 April 2023: UX DAYS TOKYO (Offline at Tokyo), from 82,500 YEN
20-21 April 2023: UX STRAT APAC (Offline at Bangkok), from USD595
22-26 May 2023: UXistanbul 2023 (Virtual), from 49 EUR
UX Competitions/UX Awards
April 2022: Interaction Award 2022 (Virtual)
September 2022: UX Design Awards
September – October 2022: Shopee Product & Design Challenge 2022
Past UX Design Conferences in Asia
- UX Strat Asia (Singapore)
- IXDC (China)
- UX Australia (Australia)
- CHIuXiD (Indonesia)
- CHI 2021 (Japan)
- UX+ Conference (Philippines)
- UX Vietnam Festival (Vietnam)
- UXTH Conference (Thailand)
- UXPH (Philippines)
- UXHK (Hong Kong)
- User Friendly (China)
- UX Days Tokyo (Japan)
- UXDX (APAC)
- UX AUSTRALIA, Design Research 2021
Note: Over the years, we have been sponsoring for UX Design conferences in South East Asia region like UX STRAT, UXSG, UXMY and more. We’re thankful for the opportunities to contribute to the UX design community through sponsorship, partnership, as well as sharing our experience through talks, training, and blogging.
Some of Our Past Learning & Sharing:
Our team also mentored and shared their UX knowledge via talks and training in conferences.
Below are some of the slides we prepared for our previous sharing session:
- Echelon Indonesia – Mobile UX: Using Icons to Improve Product Usability
- Startup/Digital Marketing 2.0: Growth Hacking Thru UX
- Crafting Commercially Effective Mobile UX (@Echelon Indonesia)
- Newbie UX: Something I learned about UX (Business vs Design)
- User Testing by Alvin Chai from CHI UX Indonesia
- Find Out Why Users Are Leaving (@Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre (MaGIC))
Are UX Designers in Demand in 2023?
Yes, UX designers are in demand. In fact, many organizations have been hiring UX designers and are looking to hire more UX designers in the coming years.
One reason UX designers are now so in demand is because of their involvement in the development, design, research, and testing of a particular project. This makes hiring UX designers a top priority when it comes to tech positions.
How do I Become a UX Designer in 2023?
Here are some steps you can take if you want to pursue a UX career:
- Start from the beginning. Learn about UX by reading up on it.
- Learn UX key principles.
- Learn UX key design methods as well as processes.
- Take up a UX course so that there is a structure to your study.
- Apply your UX knowledge to real-world projects.
- Get familiar with tools of the trade.
- Start building your portfolio
- Network with established and aspiring designers. Conferences are a great way to meet people from the same industry.